Working with Hyperlinks in your eVetSites
The goal of having your website is to inform both visitors and clients of your practice, and to lead new clients to your practice.
A hyperlink (link) is a reference to data that the reader can directly follow either by clicking or by hovering. A hyperlink can point to a new webpage, an specific element within a webpage, other content like documents, images and video, telephone and email applications, and more.
Using hyperlinks can help visitors get to the information they need easily with just one click. Don't hide great content on your site, lead your visitors to where you want them to go to improve your site.
To get started, log into your eVetSites website by clicking on the key in the lower left corner of your website.
Click on Edit Content.
Highlight the text you would like to link by clicking and dragging across the text.
You can then either right click and then select Insert/ Edit Link or ...
...click the Insert/ Edit Link option in the menu.
You'll then see the Insert/ Edit Link dialog box. Here you have several choices.
- URL - you can paste a link to an external URL (website address) here - for example https://www.vin.com. Make sure that you include the https:// or the link will not work!
- Text to display - this will be the text that you have highlighted.
- Rel No Follow - This stands for “relationship no follow”, it provides a way for you to tell search engines "Don't follow links on this page" or "Don't follow this specific link." This is important for Search Engine Optimization (SEO). If you are linking to external sites, you may consider using the Rel No Follow option so that you don't dilute your SEO authority. For more information on SEO, please click here for a handy No Follow infographic.
- Link List - Clicking the drop down list shows every page on your site, selecting the page will link to that page. You do not have to include a URL if you are using the Link List to link to an internal page in your website.
- Target - You have Two choices: None or New Window.
- If you are linking to an external site, choose New Window as it is good way to keep visitors on your site. New Window will open the destination of that link and a new browser window.
- If you are linking to content within your eVetSites website, then select None. This will open the location of your hyperlink using the current browser window.
After you have made your selection, click OK and then click Save Content.
As always, if you have any questions. Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help!